How To Make Onion Ring Burgers & Ranch-Dusted Oven Fries By Rach…
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
The flavors of ranch dressing are mixed into the burger patties and Rach also adds extra-crispy onion rings to classic toppings.
Rach's Burger Buying Tip: Pick up 2 pounds ground beef if you prefer 8-ounce burgers.
Rach likes to serve these alongside her Ranch-Dusted Oven Fries.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- About ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- About ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- About ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- About ¼ cup buttermilk powder
- About 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated onion, or about ½ palmful
- One 16-ounce bag frozen beer-battered onion rings (Rach likes Nathan’s Famous)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Sliced yellow American, cheddar, dill Havarti or pepper Jack cheese , optional
- 4 sesame seed buns (Rach likes Big Marty's)
- Sliced dill or spicy pickles, chopped iceberg lettuce, and ketchup, for topping
Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
In a medium bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper. Mix in the herbs, buttermilk powder, Worcestershire, garlic and granulated onion. Form into 4 patties, thinner in center for even cooking.
Bake the onion rings for 3 to 4 minutes longer than the package directions to make them extra crispy. While they're still hot, season them with salt.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add the oil, one quick turn of the pan. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, for about 8 minutes. Top the patties with the cheese (if using) during the last minute or two of cooking. Tent with foil so the cheese melts.
Build the burgers with the bun bottoms, a layer of pickles on each, some chopped lettuce, 3 to 4 onion rings on each, the patties, some ketchup, and the bun tops