Shrimp are seasoned, wrapped in bacon, and finished with a maple-bourbon glaze in these quick and easy party apps from Rach.
Serve these with Rach's Crab & Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms at your holiday get-togethers or team them up as a main dish at dinner.
- 16 toothpicks
- 8 slices meaty bacon, halved across
- 16 very large shrimp, deveined, peeled, and tails-on
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 shot good bourbon
- ¼ cup dark-brown pourable sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Finely chopped chives
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Soak toothpicks in water.
Coat a sheet pan with foil and top with a wire rack. Bake the bacon 5 minutes, then cool to handle. Drain off excess fat, remove wire rack, and add parchment paper to foil-lined pan.
Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic, onion and mustard. Wrap shrimp with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
Combine the bourbon, sugar, maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce in small pot and heat over medium-low to melt the sugar. Baste the shrimp. Bake shrimp 5 minutes, baste again, then bake 5-7 minutes more until bacon is crisp and lacquered, and shrimp is firm, opaque and pink. Garnish the shrimp with chives and serve.