- Food & Fun
- Healthy Living
- Home & DIY
- Beauty & Style
- Show Info
Food Network's Melissa d'Arabian shares an easy recipe for creamy mashed potatoes that she uses to assemble quick meal bowls. (Hello, easy mix-and-match meal prep inspiration!)
Serve mashed potatoes in a bowl with one of the suggested toppings below:
• Chopped Brussels sprouts, tossed with olive oil and fish sauce, and roasted until crisp
• Crispy sautéed pancetta, baby peas and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
• Rotisserie chicken, a drizzle of barbecue sauce and chopped pickles
• Store-bought package of coleslaw and fish sticks
• Chopped crispy bacon and shredded Swiss cheese, broiled until browned
• Stir a tablespoon of chipotle in adobo sauce or harissa into the potatoes when mashing, then top with pork carnitas or rotisserie chicken and chopped tomatoes
• Sauerkraut, bratwurst and a drizzle of spicy mustard
Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water (for more flavor, swap out part of the water with broth or add a spoonful of concentrated bouillon paste or powder). Add salt, bring to a boil and cook just until the potatoes fall off a fork when pierced, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl.
Mix in the butter, yogurt (if using), warm milk, and chives. Add a tablespoon or 2 more milk to reach desired consistency, if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.