How To Make Quick Chicken Pot Pies By Rachael
How To Make John's "Sundays With Mom" Champagne Cocktail | John …
How To Make French Onion Monte Cristo with Spring Greens Salad |…
Justin Long's Mom Adorably Reveals What He Was Like When He Was …
We Celebrate a Teacher Who Makes Every One of Her Students a Per…
How To Make Boozy Berries | Rachael Ray
A Doctor's Favorite Types Of Calming Teas For Stress | Gastroent…
A Visual Trick That Could Help Stop Anxious Thoughts Instantly |…
4 Ways Stress Could Be Hurting Your Stomach + Tips For Relief | …
How To Make Ramen with Sesame-Miso Broth and Baked Crispy Tofu |…
How To Make Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling | Carson Kressley
Deals From Rue La La: Cooling Sheets For Hot Sleepers, Adorable …
How To Make Gluten-Free Lemon Bars | low-carb, low-sugar, dairy-…
How To Make Tacos Veracruz | Rachael Ray
Teacher Working With Local Food Bank To Feed Hungry Kids Says Yo…
3rd Grade Teacher Saves School Custodian's Life With Kidney Dona…
How To Make Rach's Chicken Chop Suey | Rachael Ray
We Pamper + Surprise a 3rd Grade Teacher Who Saved Her Co-Worker…
How To Make Pepperoni French Bread Pizza | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Salsa Dip | Chef JJ Johnson
Rachael and Her Chef + Celebrity Buddies Share Their Strangest +…
A creamy filling made with chicken, veggies & beer gets topped with puff pastry for Rach's quick chicken pot pies.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped, or 2 cups small frozen pearl onions, defrosted and pat dry
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- Salt and finely ground black or white pepper
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 rounded tablespoons flour, plus more for rolling out dough
- 12 ounces crisp golden beer such as Guinness Blonde (1 ½ cups)
- About 1 ½ cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 cup cream, or about ¾ cup crème fraiche
- About ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 3-4 pound roast chicken), remove the skin and bones and pull or chop meat into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lemon, juiced
- About 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry (Rach likes Dufour)
- 1 egg, stir with a fork with a splash of water
- Parchment paper
Defrost pastry dough in fridge 2 hours before baking it off.
Preheat oven to 425˚F with rack at middle and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Heat a large skillet or braising pan over medium heat. Melt butter, and when it foams, add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, leeks, salt and pepper or white pepper, bay and thyme. Partially cover the pan and sweat 5 to 6 minutes to soften, then add flour and stir to combine. Whisk in the beer and reduce by about two-thirds to about one-half cup, then whisk in stock and thicken a minute, reduce heat to simmer/low, add cream or crème fraiche, combine into sauce, then add nutmeg to taste and stir in chicken. Gently heat chicken through and finish with lemon and mustard, remove bay.
Meanwhile, roll out dough on lightly floured work surface and cut the pastry to fit top of individual bowls (cut into rounds or rectangles that hang off the edges) or, leave sheet whole or cut into 6 even rectangular pieces to top a large 9 x 13 or 10 x 13 casserole dish. Vent your pieces of pastry with small slits at center or small cookie cutter cut-outs of hearts or circles or leaves. Arrange dough on parchment-lined sheet tray, then brush with egg wash and bake to golden all over and puffed.
Top bowls or casserole of filling with pastry and serve.