A combination of vibrant greens dressed in a grainy mustard-balsamic vinaigrette adds up to a textural and flavorful salad that's as good for you as it tastes.
Rach likes to serve this with her Sundried Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Fusilli.
- 1 radicchio, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 endive, thinly sliced
- 2 big handfuls arugula
- 2 heads gem Romaine or 1 heart Romaine, chopped
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced (or ½ large bulb fennel, thinly sliced)
- 2-3 ribs celery with leafy tops, thinly sliced on bias
- 1 small white or red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup shaved Parm cheese
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Acacia honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- About ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Combine greens, fennel, celery, onions, and shaved cheese.
Combine dressing in a jar or plastic container and shake, then toss to coat with salad and serve.