A simple dressing shaken together in a jar gets tossed with all the flavorful elements of the standard antipasti platter — with crisp lettuce, too.
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar, ⅓ palmful (or 1 teaspoon honey)
- ½ teaspoon crushed or ground red pepper, pepperoncini
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar, white or red
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 gem Romaine, or 1 heart Romaine, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped marinated artichokes
- ¼ cup chopped marinated mushrooms
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- ¼ pound Genoa salami or finocchiona (fennel) salami, deli sliced, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Italian hot cherry pepper rings in brine, drained and chopped (preferably Cento brand)
For the dressing, combine granulated garlic and onion, oregano, parsley, sugar and crushed red pepper in a Mason jar or plastic container, add vinegar, Dijon and EVOO, salt and pepper, shake to combine.
Combine lettuce, marinated artichoke hearts, mushrooms, roasted pepper, salami, onion, cherry peppers. Toss the salad with dressing to serve.