How To Make Chili-Cheese Dogs By Rachael
Rachael Has Been Using This Kitchen Gift From Her Sister Maria E…
DIY Essentials Every Homeowner Or Renter Should Have | Designer …
Best Cleaning Gadgets for Your Cleanest Home Ever | Lifestyle Ex…
Beauty Pro Gretta Monahan on Why She's Absolutely Obsessed With …
This Natural Deodorant Actually Works, Beauty Pro Gretta Monahan…
Beauty Pro Gretta Monahan Is Obsessed With Spatty From Shark Tan…
Why Style Pro Gretta Monahan Calls Golden Goose Sneakers The "MV…
How To Make Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi with Ouzo | Rachael Ray
How To Make Roasted Eggplant Dip (Melitzanosalata) | Rachael Ray
How To Make An Easy Greek Salad | Rachael Ray
Deals From Rue La La: Deep Foot Massager, Elegant Bedding Set + …
How To Make Lemon-Garlic Rice Pilaf with Toasted Pine Nuts | Rac…
Tony Hale On Filming New I Love Lucy Movie With Nicole Kidman: "…
How To Make Pegan Chai Pancakes | Paleo Vegan Recipe From Dr. Ma…
How To Make Soufflé Pancakes with Blueberry Jam | Kid Chef Matth…
How To Make Fried Rice | Geoffrey, Madeline and Anna Zakarian
How To Make Ham, Egg + Cheese Hash Brown Waffles | BLD Recipe
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
A spiced-up chili topping and split-and-griddled hot dog make for a super special chili-cheese dog.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef, 80%
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 inch peeled ginger root, grated (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- ½ cup ketchup, preferred brand Sir Kensington's
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot (or to taste)
- 6-8 hot dogs, beef or pork
- Melted butter, for brushing rolls
- 6-8 top-split hot dog rolls
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese, 1 sack
- Finely chopped white onions or relish or chopped pickles
- Yellow mustard
Heat a pot over medium-high heat, add oil, finely crumble and brown meat. Add salt and pepper, onions, jalapeño peppers, garlic, ginger, chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, and paste, stir 2 minutes. Add Worcestershire, stock, ketchup and hot sauce, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Simmer dogs in 1-inch water at low rolling boil to heat through.
Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
Butter and grill rolls and remove from pan.
Split the dogs lengthwise to butterfly open and crisp skins and the split sides.
Serve dogs in rolls with cheese, top with chili, onions, relish/pickles and mustard.