Buffalo wings + chicken fingers = these addictive super-moist, spicy-hot tenders.
Try them in Rach's Buffalo Fried Chicken Tacos here (watch her make these in the video above!)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon each sugar, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons each ground white pepper, ground black pepper, turmeric and cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili , or cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 1/2 to 3 quarts frying oil, such as safflower or canola
For seasoned salt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
For the chicken, season the tenders with about 1/3 of the seasoned salt and add the remaining mix to flour in large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk up eggs and cayenne pepper sauce.
Heat frying oil to 350˚F or preheat over medium-high heat in a fry pot or Dutch oven, leaving at least 2½ inches between oil line and top of pot.
Coat the chicken in egg batter, then in flour, shaking off excess. Fry chicken tenders in batches to deep golden. Transfer to wire rack in a lined baking sheet.