Rachael's Chili Dogs or Chili Burgers with BBQ Coleslaw
BBQ Beef and Baked Bean Chili
Rachael's Cincinnati/Kentucky Chili Spaghetti 5-Way Style
Rachael's Chili Cheeseburgers
Rachael's Pizzaiola Burgers
Whiskey BBQ Sauce & Chili Powder Spice Rub
How To Make Extra Thick Chili with Refried Beans, Beef and Chori…
How To Make Meatless Buffalo BBQ Burgers with Mustard Slaw By Ra…
Rachael's Mean Green Pulled Chicken Chili
Texas Corn Dog: Chili-Topped Frito Dogs
Rachael's Green Garlic Burgers with Mild Provolone and Balsamic …
This recipe is all about the toppings: a quick chili sauce and a sweet-tangy red slaw.
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup ketchup, preferred brand Sir Kensington’s
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons each granulated garlic and onion
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups white cabbage (1 small white cabbage), quartered, cored and sliced 1-inch lengthwise, then very thinly sliced across OR process with shredder/grater blade in food processor
- 1 small red onion, chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon oil, safflower or canola
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons chili powder (2½ palmfuls), preferred brand Gebhardt's
- 1 teaspoon each sugar, cumin and coriander
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, or masa harina
- 2 pounds ground beef, or 8 to 10 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- For burgers, sliced American cheese; for dogs, shredded yellow cheddar cheese (optional)
- For burgers, sesame and/or plain buns; for dogs, split-top buns, lightly buttered and griddle-toasted
- Yellow mustard and chopped white onion
- For burgers, dill or bread and butter pickles; for dogs, relish
For the BBQ Slaw: Whisk up dressing ingredients in large bowl and toss with cabbage and onion.
For the Chili Sauce: Heat a medium skillet or large saucepot over medium-high heat with oil, brown and crumble meat, season with salt and pepper, add onion, garlic, Worcestershire, spices and sugar. Cook beef and onion together, about 5-6 minutes, then add tomato paste, stir, add stock and corn meal, and reduce heat to low and simmer.
For the burgers and dogs: For patties, make 6 patties thinner at center than edges for even cooking. Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Add oil, 1 turn of the pan and cook patties 7-8 minutes, turning occasionally. For dogs, simmer to heat, then if you want a snap, crisp casings in hot skillet or on a hot griddle. If using, top burgers with cheese, or place cheese on bottom of hot dog bun so it melts.
Serve burgers on buns with pickles and raw onion, mustard on bun bottom, and chili and coleslaw on top. Serve dogs in toasted dog rolls with shredded cheese under the dog, mustard, onion, chili and slaw on top.