How To Make Chinese Beef and Broccoli with Black Bean Sauce By R…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
An easy beef marinade and stir-fried veggies come together for a quick and easy dinner that's faster than ordering in.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup white long grain rice
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds thin sirloin steaks or flank steak, thinly sliced on bias
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground Sichuan pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- About ⅓ cup black bean sauce
- About ¼ cup Shaoxing Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chili paste, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken or beef stock , or bone broth
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 leek, quartered and washed, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ inches ginger, chopped into thin matchsticks or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
- 1 pound broccoli tops or 1 large bunch broccolini, thinly sliced and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
For the rice, heat 1 ½ cups water to boil, salt it and add the rice, then stir and cover and cook about 15-18 minutes. Turn off heat, and fluff with fork to serve.
Meanwhile, for the beef, combine beef and marinade and let stand 15 minutes.
For the sauce, whisk up sauce in a medium bowl: black bean sauce, rice wine or sherry, chili sauce, cornstarch and stock or broth – reserving oil for stir-frying the vegetables.
For the stir-fry, heat a large cast-iron skillet or large frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, brown meat well and remove to a plate.
Add remaining oil to pan, 2 turns of the pan, then add the leeks, ginger, garlic, broccoli and chili pepper, toss 2-3 minutes, add ¼ cup water and cover 2 minutes, then add back beef and black bean sauce, thicken, and toss to combine.
Fluff rice and serve topped with beef and broccoli in black bean sauce.