Lou, a viewer from Staten Island, New York, shared his favorite leftover recipe with Rach — and she loved his video so much that she invited him to come cook this recipe with her on the show!
Serve alongside Rach's Roast Beef Loin for a crowd-pleasing party menu!
Plan on 1 pound shrimp for every 3 adult guests.
- A bundle of parsley and thyme
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 bulb garlic, halved across to expose cloves
- 1 cup white wine, optional
- 2 quarts water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 large bay leaves
- 2-3 pounds shrimp (U 8-10 or 10-12 count/per pound), in shell
- 1 cup ketchup, preferred brand Sir Kensington's
- ¼ cup minced celery and greens from the heart
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce, preferred brand Gold's
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, preferred brand Frank's RedHot
- ½ tablespoon coarse black pepper
- Lemon wedges
For the court bouillon, place parsley, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, white wine, if using, water, lemon, peppercorns and bay leaves. Bring to boil, lower flame to reduce to low and boil 30 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes. Drain, cold shock and drain again, then peel and devein but leave the tails intact.
Combine the cocktail sauce in bowl and chill.
Serve shrimp on ice with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce and saltines alongside.