Quick-cooking shrimp makes this one-pan dish a no-brainer for dinners where you're short on time.
Rach whipped this dish up with guest Lindsay Lohan (who also loves to cook!) on the show.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 lemons, 1 lemon thinly sliced, 1 lemon remove zest then halve
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- ¾-1 cup white wine or chicken stock, eyeball it
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Kosher salt
- A fat handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, stemmed and chopped
- Warm, crusty bread, for mopping, or ½ pound thin spaghetti, cooked to al dente
Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat with olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Melt butter into oil and when it foams, add garlic and thinly sliced lemon and swirl pan a minute. Add zest and pepper, then swirl a minute more. Add wine or stock and simmer to reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp to sauce and cook 3-4 minutes until pink and firm. Season with salt, add the juice of the lemon used for zest, parsley and oregano, toss, transfer to plates or shallow bowls and serve with bread for mopping.