A cast-iron skillet creates the perfect crunch in this white pizza that gets drizzled with hot honey and served with a healthy side of tasty greens.
Try making your own dough using Rach's recipe for Easy Pizza Dough.
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, about 2 ounces
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A little freshly grated nutmeg, about ⅛ teaspoon
- 1 cup sharp provolone cheese, about 4 ounce chunk, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella (grocery store brand like BelGioioso, firm balls), shredded, about 4-5 ounces
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, from market or your favorite pizza parlor or make your own Rachael's EZ Pizza Dough
- About 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) spray
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- About 3 tablespoons Acacia honey
- A round tablespoon Calabrian chili paste or Sambal Olek or Sriracha
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4-5 anchovy fillets, optional
- 1 tablespoon Calabrian chili paste or 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the pizza, preheat the oven to 525˚F-550˚F, as high as it goes, with rack at center, and preheat a cast iron skillet, 12 inches, over medium heat, to aid in a crispy bottom crust while pizza is in oven.
For the rabes, bring a few inches of water to boil in large skillet or pot and set a large bowl of ice water near sink. Salt the boiling water, cook rabes 3 minutes, then cold shock and drain, pat dry.
For the pizza, in a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parm, garlic, parsley and nutmeg. Grate the provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
Roll and stretch dough on lightly floured surface into a 12-14-inch even round that will cover pan. Turn off heat under skillet and sprinkle a little cornmeal in skillet and press dough into hot skillet and up sides as much as possible. The pan is hot – reminder. Spray the dough with EVOO and season with a little salt and pepper or red pepper flakes. Top the dough with ricotta mixture in even thin layer and then with shredded cheeses, and place in oven.
Bake the pizza 10-12 minutes to deep golden, brown and bubbly.
While pizza is in oven, heat EVOO, about ¼ cup or 4 turns of the pan in a skillet, over medium to medium-high heat, melt in anchovies and swirl in the garlic and chili paste or flakes, then add stock. Add broccoli rabe, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through. Add lemon juice to serve.
Combine honey, splash of water and hot chili sauce in small pot or skillet and heat over low heat.
Drizzle or brush the pizza with the honey mixture and serve up the Hot Blonde with rabes alongside.