How To Make Mexican-Style Lasagna By Rachael
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or neutral oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef or beef and pork combined
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red finger chili or fresno chili, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans Ro-Tel or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans spicy or traditional vegetarian (no lard) refried beans
- One 15-ounce bottle Mexican crema, or 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lime
- 8 ounces cotija or queso fresco, finely crumbled
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend in pouch (12 ounces) or grated Pepper Jack cheese (1 block)
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- 12 flat sheets no-boil lasagna
- Matchsticks of radish
- Pickled jalapeño pepper rings, mild or hot
- Cilantro leaves
- Chopped scallions
- Toasted pepitas or toasted chopped pistachios
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Heat a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil and when it ripples, add meat or meats, then brown and crumble. Add fresh chilies and onion, stir and season with salt, pepper and spices, stir 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, stir, add 1 cup water and let it absorb, add tomatoes and reduce heat to simmer.
Place beans in small pan or saucepot, heat and add a little water to thin.
In a bowl, combine crema and the juice of 1 lime, add cheeses and stir.
Assemble: spray pan, add a little sauce to coat, add pasta, 4 sheets, top with half the beans and half the meat sauce, top with pasta, add half the cheese sauce, cover with pasta, remaining beans, top with remaining meat sauce and another layer of pasta, finish with remaining cheese mixture.
Bake lasagna covered 30 minutes, then uncovered 20-30 minutes more to deep golden. Let stand 15 minutes to settle.
Top with toppings of choice, cut and serve.