How To Make Mongolian Beef with Shishito Peppers By Rachael
The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze Might Be the Coolest Halloween A…
How to Make White Pasta E Fagioli | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lobster Risotto with Saffron, Tomatoes and Zucchini …
A Breast Cancer Surgeon's Top 4 Lifestyle Tips for Better Breast…
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
A beef and shishito pepper stir-fry gets tossed with a ginger-laced sauce that pairs just right with a side of jasmine rice.
- 1 ½ cups water
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds thin sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced against grain
- 1 tablespoon ground Szechuan peppercorn
- ¼ to ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons smoked shoyu sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 to 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 package stemmed shishito peppers , or 1 pint
- 2 inches ginger root, cut into matchsticks or chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions or 2 bunches scallions, trimmed of roots and chopped, reserve about ½ cup greens to garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Heat 1 ½ cups water to boil, salt it and add the rice, then stir and cover and cook about 15-18 minutes. Turn off heat, and fluff with fork to serve.
Pat steak dry and season with salt, pepper and ground Szechuan peppercorns.
Scatter the cornstarch on a plate.
In a small bowl, stir up hoisin, ⅓ cup water, Worcestershire, smoked shoyu or soy, light brown sugar and toasted sesame oil.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add oil, 3 turns of the pan. Coat half the beef in cornstarch and shake off excess and brown and crisp meat, then remove to a plate and repeat.
Add remaining oil, 2 turns of the pan, then add shishito peppers and blister, 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and most of the spring onions or scallions, toss another minute, add meat and sauce and toss to combine.
Serve beef topped with remaining green onions, sesame seeds and rice.