How To Make Mushroom, Eggplant and Harissa Ragu with Rigatoni By…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Pasta is tossed with a hearty sauce packed with healthy veggies and walnuts.
- ½ cup walnuts or walnut pieces
- 1 heavy medium-large eggplant, half-peeled and chopped into ¼-inch-dice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound mushrooms (Hen-of-the-woods/maitake), trimmed and pulled into small pieces, and crimini, wiped and chopped, combined
- 2 large shallots or 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cloves garlic (1 bulb), chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, or a scant palmful
- 1 tablepsoon coriander, or a scant palmful
- 1 tablespoon pimenton, or a scant palmful
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, or a scant palmful
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or marjoram, or ⅔ palmful
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- One 28-ounce can crushed or chopped Italian tomatoes
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese, plus more for table
- One generous handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Toast the nuts in a small skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant, then finely chop them and reserve.
Salt chopped eggplant and drain on kitchen towel, 20-30 minutes, then drain by pressing dry.
Heat a pot of water for rigatoni.
Heat a deep skillet with EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and brown well, then add the shallots or onions and season with salt and pepper, add garlic, spices, and dried herbs, then stir in harissa. Add the eggplant and walnuts, partially cover and sweat 5 minutes. Add Worcestershire, tomato paste, wine and tomatoes, and simmer over low heat 20 minutes more.
Salt boiling water and cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions. Add a cup of water from pasta to sauce, then drain pasta.
Toss pasta with sauce, cheese and parsley, and pass with more cheese at table.