Guacamole + pico de gallo = this delish condiment-dip .
Try it on Rach’s Chorizo and Butternut Tacos.
- 2 limes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (Rach's go-to is Frank's RedHot)
- 3 plum or vine tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 avocados, pits removed and scooped from skin
- A small handful of cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
To a bowl, add the juice of 2 limes, the onion, garlic, and jalapeno peppers and let stand 5-10 minutes. Add cumin, cayenne sauce, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro or parsley and mash up, then adjust salt. Transfer to serving bowl and top with scallions.