This flavor-packed salad starts with a shaker dressing that’s made in a jar for easy storage and clean-up.
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, (⅓ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, (⅓ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, (⅓ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, (⅓ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar (⅓ palmful), or honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed or ground red pepper, pepperoncini
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar, white or red
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 gem Romaine, or 1 heart of Romaine
- 1 small bulb fennel
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Italian hot cherry pepper rings in brine, drained (preferably Cento brand)
For the dressing, combine granulated garlic and onion, oregano, parsley and sugar in a Mason jar or plastic container, add vinegar, Dijon, EVOO, salt and pepper, then shake to combine.
Chop the lettuce and add to a bowl. Quarter and core the fennel and thinly slice. Thinly slice the onion. Add the fennel and onion to salad along with cherry pepper rings, and toss with dressing to serve.