Rach's rainbow chard salad is tossed in an easy Asian-inspired dressing of seasoned soy sauce and sesame oil.
- 1 ½-2 pounds rainbow chard
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced or pasted
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped on bias
Heat a large pot of water to boil, and season water with salt.
Stem chard and boil the stems 3 minutes, remove, cold shock, dry and chop into 1 inch pieces. Add greens to water, 30 seconds, then cold shock in ice water, dry and coarsely chop or shred into 1 ½-inch-wide ribbons.
Whisk up soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, sesame oil, sugar and garlic. Add the greens, sesame seeds and scallions, then toss and serve.