How To Make Ranch Fried Chicken Sandwiches with BLT and Overnigh…
How To Make Soufflé Pancakes with Blueberry Jam | Kid Chef Matth…
How To Make Fried Rice | Geoffrey, Madeline and Anna Zakarian
How To Make Ham, Egg + Cheese Hash Brown Waffles | BLD Recipe
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Ranch + fried chicken sandwich + BLT + easy refrigerator pickles = Rach's ultimate summer sandwich.
"Store-bought pickles are just fine," Rach says. "But if you have the time…"
- 1 pound seedless cucumber or Persian cucumbers, sliced ¼-inch-thick
- ½ small onion, quartered and thinly sliced (or 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ teaspoons yellow mustard seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons dried dill, or 4 stems fresh dill
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- About ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Rach likes Frank's RedHot or Tabasco)
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar or sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- Salt, fine black and/or white pepper, to taste
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (or 3 horizontally halved chicken breasts, tenders removed)
- 12 slices bacon, halved across
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Frying oil, about 1 quart
- 6 slices American cheese or Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Napa, white cabbage or iceberg lettuce
- 6 brioche rolls, halved
- 6 thin slices white or red onion
- 6 thin slices beefsteak tomato
For the Refrigerator Overnight Pickles, arrange the cucumbers and onions, seeds, peppercorns, dill, bay and garlic in a Mason jar or airtight container.
Bring to a boil in a small pot the vinegar, water, sugar and salt, dissolve the sugar and salt, then pour over the top of the cucumbers and cool a bit. Cover and refrigerate overnight and keep for up to 3 weeks.
For the Ranch marinade and dressing, combine all ingredients and divide, placing about ¾ cup in a plastic food storage bag and funnel the rest into a squirt bottle or transfer to an airtight container.
For the sandwiches, place chicken in bag with marinade and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet. Bake until crisp.
Combine breadcrumbs and panko and season with garlic, onion and paprika.
Heat about 1 to 1 ½ inches frying oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Shake excess dressing off chicken and press evenly into coating on both sides. Fry chicken about 3 minutes per each side until deeply golden and cooked through. Drain on wire rack-lined baking sheet and top each piece with 1 slice cheese. Place in the oven to melt.
Toss cabbage or lettuce with some Ranch dressing.
Assemble sandwiches: bun bottom, pickles, chicken, bacon, onion, tomato, cabbage or lettuce, bun top.