- 1 cup red chiles, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- ½ cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice, plus zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (about 15)
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
In a medium bowl, add the chilies, garlic, ginger, shallots, tamari, lime juice and zest, orange juice, and olive oil. Add the shrimp, toss and refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, soak a container of wooden skewers in room temperature water for 1 hour.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat. When ready to cook, thread 3 shrimp per skewer and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the skewers to grill or grill pan and grill for 2 ½ minutes on each side, basting each skewer generously with the marinade using a pastry brush. Add the lemon halves to the grill for the last 2 ½ minutes.
Serve the skewers garnished with the scallions and grilled lemon halves.