- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 bulb garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bottle red wine, preferably an Italian/Tuscan bottle (Rach recommends using a Rosso di Montalcino varietal)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 ½-2 cups grated pecorino cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup flat parsley, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta, salt it.
Toast nuts in oven or small pan to deeply golden, then cool to handle and chop.
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil, 2 turns of the pan, add the butter and melt it into EVOO. Add garlic, salt and pepper, stir 2 to 3 minutes, add wine, bring to boil and reduce at low even boil, about 3 minutes.
Cook pasta in salted water 5 minutes, reserve 1 cup of salty water, and drain. Add pasta to wine and cook it in the wine and butter with garlic for 3 to 4 minutes to al dente. Toss with cheese and parsley and ¼ of the nuts. Serve in shallow bowls topped with more nuts and cheese.