Rach's husband John makes a cosmo with a twist—swapping in pomegranate juice for cranberry and adding a kick with sichuan pepper.
Rach's Pro Tip: When making simple syrup, add a cinnamon stick and a few peppercorns to steep for flavor. Strain before using.
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces pomegranate juice
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- 1 ½ ounces orange-flavored liqueur
- One pinch ground cinnamon
- One pinch ground sichuan peppercorn
- 2 strips orange peel, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, pomegranate and lime juice, simple syrup, and orange-flavored liqueur. Fill with ice, then add a pinch each ground cinnamon and ground peppercorns. Shake vigorously, then strain into two coupes. Garnish with orange peel.
Always drink responsibly.