How To Make Sloppy Joe Tacos By Rachael
How To Make a Sloppy Jessica Sandwich By Binging With Babish
How To Make Beef Taco Salad with Fritos and Corn Nuts By Rachael
How To Make Taco-Tots By Rachael
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
How To Make Pimiento Cauliflower Mac & Cheese By Rachael
How to Make Maple-Rosemary Turkey Breasts by Rachael
How To Make Garlic Bread Mac & Cheese By Rachael
How To Make Cast-Iron Skillet Buffalo Chicken Shepherd's Pie By …
How To Make Cider Chicken with Cream By Rachael
How To Make Green Chile Bacon Mac & Cheese By Rachael
A Sloppy Joe filling pairs well with taco garnishes and a hard crunchy shell in Rach's latest comfort food mash-up.
Rach likes to serve this with her Zesty Confetti Corn.
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds ground beef or a meat substitute
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small onion or half medium size, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce or low-sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, if not using ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar, if not using ketchup
- 16 hard shell corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, to garnish
- 1 cup chopped or shredded lettuce, to garnish
- Taco sauce, to garnish
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add vegetable oil. Add the ground beef and cook 5 to 6 minutes, crumbling it into fine bits with a wooden spoon as it browns. Season with salt and pepper, add the onion and garlic and cook a few more minutes to soften.
While the beef is cooking, in a small bowl, stir together the tomato product, Worcestershire, brown sugar, and vinegar. Add the sauce to the beef mixture, stir to combine and bring to a simmer to thicken, about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Place meat mixture in a taco shell and garnish with your choice of toppings.