How To Make Spaghetti alla Gricia | Rachael Ray In Season
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
"This dish can be made in stages: traditional, with radicchio and lemon zest, or with radicchio, zest and roasted mushrooms on top," Rach says about the Spaghetti alla Gricia.
- 12 to 16 ounces hen-of-the-woods/maitake mushrooms, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Large head of radicchio or Treviso, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon, thinly slice peel (white pith removed) into small matchsticks
- ⅓ to ½ pound guanciale or pancetta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or Pecorino cheese or a combination of both
- Black or red pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 475°F. Arrange mushrooms and shallots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray to coat or toss with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast at center oven to crispy 15 minutes.
Bring water to a boil for pasta.
Place the guanciale in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once it's firm, slice it into thin ½-inch-long pieces.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, a turn of the pan, add guanciale or pancetta and render slowly over 7 to 8 minutes, reducing heat if necessary. You want all the flavor and a lightly browned product.
Salt the boiling water, drop the pasta and cook 6 to 7 minutes.
Add garlic to guanciale and swirl. Add 1 cup cooking water to pan.
Add radicchio (if using) to pan to wilt and add the lemon zest, pasta and cheese to toss and emulsify.
Serve pasta in shallow bowls and, if using, top with mushrooms and shallots.