How To Make Spinach Cobb Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing | Rachael…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
This riff on the classic Cobb salad from Rach is made with spinach and a hot bacon dressing.
- Six 7-minute eggs for medium, or 12 for hardboiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup smoked blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed of root and tough ends
- 12 slices meaty bacon, 6 finely chopped
- ¾ pound crimini or shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey mustard (or 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- 1½ to 2 pounds medium-size leaf spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
Preheat oven to 400˚F rack at center.
For eggs, start in cold water, bring to boil, cook to time, cover and remove from the stove. Drain the eggs and crack the shells, then soak in cold water, cool to handle, peel and halve.
Heat a drizzle of oil, 1 turn of the pan, in a cast iron skillet. If using smoked chicken, char. If using rotisserie chicken, heat through, then carve meat from bone and slice. Char scallions to blister, 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high to high heat. Cool a bit and slice into bite-sized pieces.
Arrange 6 slices of bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet and bake to crisp. Cool to handle and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan, 2 turns of the pan, and brown mushrooms, then remove to transfer plate. Add remaining finely chopped bacon and render 3 minutes. Add shallots and garlic, stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Add vinegar, mustard and thyme, remove from heat and whisk, add spinach and wilt a bit 1 minute, then add nutmeg, salt and pepper and radishes.
Arrange greens on platter and arrange rows on top of halved eggs, sliced chicken, blue cheese, scallions, bacon and mushrooms.