How To Make Spinach Cobb Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing | Rachael…
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
This riff on the classic Cobb salad from Rach is made with spinach and a hot bacon dressing.
- Six 7-minute eggs for medium, or 12 for hardboiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup smoked blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed of root and tough ends
- 12 slices meaty bacon, 6 finely chopped
- ¾ pound crimini or shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey mustard (or 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- 1½ to 2 pounds medium-size leaf spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
Preheat oven to 400˚F rack at center.
For eggs, start in cold water, bring to boil, cook to time, cover and remove from the stove. Drain the eggs and crack the shells, then soak in cold water, cool to handle, peel and halve.
Heat a drizzle of oil, 1 turn of the pan, in a cast iron skillet. If using smoked chicken, char. If using rotisserie chicken, heat through, then carve meat from bone and slice. Char scallions to blister, 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high to high heat. Cool a bit and slice into bite-sized pieces.
Arrange 6 slices of bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet and bake to crisp. Cool to handle and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan, 2 turns of the pan, and brown mushrooms, then remove to transfer plate. Add remaining finely chopped bacon and render 3 minutes. Add shallots and garlic, stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Add vinegar, mustard and thyme, remove from heat and whisk, add spinach and wilt a bit 1 minute, then add nutmeg, salt and pepper and radishes.
Arrange greens on platter and arrange rows on top of halved eggs, sliced chicken, blue cheese, scallions, bacon and mushrooms.