Statement Salad: Rachael's Chipotle Chicken Cobb with Avocado Go…
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Buddy Valastro Tells Rach He's at "About 75%" Strength in His Ha…
Buddy Valastro Surprises His Biggest Fan AGAIN—9 Years After Emo…
Jane Lynch Talks Hosting "The Weakest Link" Reboot + Rach Makes …
The classic Cobb salad gets an update with smoky-spicy BBQ chicken and a creamy ranch-inspired dressing.
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped from skin
- 1 lime
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, or cilantro tops
- 1/4 cup dill tops
- 2 teaspoons green hot sauce, or 1 small seeded green chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotles in adobo sauce, pasted or pureed
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or smoked soy sauce (smoked shoyu)
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce, or ketchup
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 4 pieces chicken breasts, or 6 pieces chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large shallot, very thinly sliced
- Tarragon or basil, chopped
- 10-12 cups chopped romaine, or iceberg lettuce or combo
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled smoked blue cheese, or blue cheese or ricotta salata or feta
- Grilled corn , or planks of zucchini, chopped (optional)
- Pickled jalapeño pepper slices, optional
- Thinly sliced radishes, optional
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Place ranch ingredients in food processor or high power blender and combine until smooth and adjust salt.
For sauce, heat skillet or small saucepot over medium heat with olive oil, 1 tablespoon, add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook to soften 10 minutes. Add chipotle, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, soy and tomato sauce, and simmer 10-15 minutes more to thicken at a low bubble. If sauce gets too thick, add chicken stock or water to thin.
Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet and bake to very crisp, then chop into 1-inch pieces.
Preheat a nonstick or cast-iron skillet, grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook 10-12 minutes to just cook through. (Use 2 tablespoons olive oil if cooking chicken in skillet.) Baste with barbecue sauce if using grill or grill pan, or add barbecue sauce to skillet and coat. Slice barbecued chicken.
Combine tomatoes with shallot and tarragon or basil.
Arrange the lettuce on board or platter and top with dressing, then arrange bacon, cheese, tomatoes, chicken and choice of additional toppings.