How To Make Steak Cobb Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette by Rac…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
This tasty spin on cobb salad is topped with flank steak and finished with a blue cheese vinaigrette.
"[John] rarely gets excited about salad, [but] he's so in love with this blue cheese vinaigrette," Rach says. "He literally looks forward to salad and has requested me [to make] this dressing [on] several nights — so now I just make it ahead and leave it in a squirt bottle in the fridge."
- 12 slices meaty smoked bacon
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds flat iron or flank steaks, halve lengthwise and across into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon each kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 carrot
- 6 scallions
- 2 ribs celery, from heart with leafy tops
- ⅓ seedless cucumber, 2 Persian cucumbers
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- About 6 cups chopped romaine or gem Romaine
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (store-bought in pouch), sliced
- Smoked sweet paprika
- About ⅓ to ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- About 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- ¼ cup parsley tops, a handful
- About 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 6 ounces smoked blue or blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Arrange bacon on a wire rack-lined baking sheet or slotted pan and bake to very crisp, 17 to 18 minutes. Chop into 1-inch pieces.
Bring meat to room temperature and pat dry. Cut into 4 portions and preheat cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Combine rub of salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and red pepper, then season meat on both sides, drizzle with oil and cook 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove to rest.
Fill a medium bowl with ice and cold water. Use a vegetable peeler to curl shaved carrot and add to water to tighten curls. Cut scallions lengthwise, then into 1 inch pieces and soak.
Very thinly slice celery on a bias. Halve the cucumber lengthwise and slice in same shape or in same manner.
Halve cherry tomatoes.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and celery. Drain carrots and scallions and add to salad.
Place dressing ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to get it going, then process until smooth.
Thinly slice steak against the grain.
Toss salad with dressing. Arrange on platter or plates and top with steak, sliced hard-boiled eggs dressed with smoked paprika, and bacon.