How To Make Suiza-Style Chicken Patties By Rachael
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Buddy Valastro Tells Rach He's at "About 75%" Strength in His Ha…
Buddy Valastro Surprises His Biggest Fan AGAIN—9 Years After Emo…
Jane Lynch Talks Hosting "The Weakest Link" Reboot + Rach Makes …
Rach's herbed and seasoned chicken patties get doused with a tomatillo sauce and buried under a browned and bubbly suiza-style layer of cheese.
Shopping Tip: Buy packaged ground white and dark meat chicken combined.
- 6 large tomatillos (or 7-8 small), peeled
- 1 white onion, leave root attached, cut into 6 wedges and outer peel removed
- 4 large cloves garlic, cracked but left in skin
- 2-3 large poblano peppers
- 1 large jalapeño pepper or 2 serrano peppers
- Cooking spray
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon agave or acacia honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, or ⅓ palmful
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced on mandolin or wide-tooth side of box grater
- One handful cilantro
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1-1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 1-1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin , or a scant palmful
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs or ground corn tortilla chips
- About ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- One handful cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- About 2 tablespoons neutral or olive oil
- Mild or hot pickled sliced jalapeño pepper rings
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange tomatillos, white onions, garlic and peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and lightly spray. Broil and blister, then cool and peel and seed peppers. Place ingredients in a food processor, add juice of 1 lime, agave or honey, cumin, salt and pepper, and oregano, then process until smooth.
Separate red onion into rings and dress with juice of 1 lime and season with salt and pepper.
Switch oven to 425˚F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil.
In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, cumin, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, garlic, cilantro and oil. Form patties and arrange four 8-9 inch patties on baking sheet. Bake to golden, about 8-9 minutes, and top with sauce, dollops of crema or sour cream, and cheeses. Switch broiler on and brown and bubble the cheeses.
Garnish patties with cilantro, pickled red onions and pickled jalapeño pepper rings.