How To Make Suiza-Style Chicken Patties By Rachael
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
Rach's herbed and seasoned chicken patties get doused with a tomatillo sauce and buried under a browned and bubbly suiza-style layer of cheese.
Shopping Tip: Buy packaged ground white and dark meat chicken combined.
- 6 large tomatillos (or 7-8 small), peeled
- 1 white onion, leave root attached, cut into 6 wedges and outer peel removed
- 4 large cloves garlic, cracked but left in skin
- 2-3 large poblano peppers
- 1 large jalapeño pepper or 2 serrano peppers
- Cooking spray
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon agave or acacia honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, or ⅓ palmful
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced on mandolin or wide-tooth side of box grater
- One handful cilantro
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1-1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 1-1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin , or a scant palmful
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs or ground corn tortilla chips
- About ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- One handful cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- About 2 tablespoons neutral or olive oil
- Mild or hot pickled sliced jalapeño pepper rings
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange tomatillos, white onions, garlic and peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and lightly spray. Broil and blister, then cool and peel and seed peppers. Place ingredients in a food processor, add juice of 1 lime, agave or honey, cumin, salt and pepper, and oregano, then process until smooth.
Separate red onion into rings and dress with juice of 1 lime and season with salt and pepper.
Switch oven to 425˚F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil.
In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, cumin, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, garlic, cilantro and oil. Form patties and arrange four 8-9 inch patties on baking sheet. Bake to golden, about 8-9 minutes, and top with sauce, dollops of crema or sour cream, and cheeses. Switch broiler on and brown and bubble the cheeses.
Garnish patties with cilantro, pickled red onions and pickled jalapeño pepper rings.