Tangy and sweet, this flavorful BBQ sauce from Sunny Anderson breathes new life into any pulled or chopped pork cut.
Try it over Sunny’s Chopped Pork BBQ.
Adapted from Sunny’s Kitchen: Easy Food For Real Life by Sunny Anderson. Copyright © 2013 by Sunny Anderson. Used with permission by Clarkson Potter. All rights reserved.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup vidalia onions, chopped (or sweet onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on a rasp or finely minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook until both are tender but not browned, stirring frequently.
Add the ketchup, vinegar, orange juice, and sriracha. Bring to a boil, then add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved, about 2 more minutes. This should be a loose sauce. Refrigerate if not using right away.