How To Make Tagliata (Sliced Steak) with Slow-Roasted Tomatoes a…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
Rach shares an easy recipe for slow-roasted tomatoes with herb sauce to serve alongside an otherwise quick-cooking dinner of tagliata (sliced steak) and arugula salad.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, stemmed and tops trimmed
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic or aged tomato vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot , coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- One generous handful of basil leaves, torn
- Salt and 1 teaspoon red pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Four 8-ounce sirloin steaks or 8 ounce portions of hanger or flank steak
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- A couple cloves of garlic, crushed
- A few sprigs of rosemary , chopped
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) to marinate, plus 2 tablespoons for greens
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- 2 lemons, halved
- 6 to 7 cups arugula
- 1 cup shaved/curls of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Flaky salt or flaky smoked salt
For the tomatoes, preheat oven to 300˚F.
Arrange the tomatoes on parchment-lined tray and dress with vinegar, oil and salt and pepper and roast 90 minutes.
For the sauce, combine ingredients in food processor, process, transfer to small bowl. When tomatoes are at room temperature, slather with herb sauce and serve with sliced steak.
For the tagliata, pat steaks dry and take the chill off by bringing to room temperature. Season with kosher salt and pepper, rub with garlic and combine with the rosemary, crushed red pepper (if using), and EVOO, and let stand 30 minutes. Remove garlic before cooking and heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add a spray of oil and the steaks and 2 of the halves of lemons. Cook steaks 6 minutes for pink centers, flipping halfway through, let rest 3 minutes. Remove the charred lemon.
Toss arugula with juice of other small lemon and EVOO, salt and add cheese curls.
Slice steak and sprinkle with smoked flaky salt and charred lemon juice.
Serve steaks with greens and cheese along one side and tomatoes with herb sauce along the other side.