Cooking Channel host Kelsey Nixon uses an Asian chopped salad kit as a shortcut ingredient with an easy homemade peanut sauce for this easy, quick + healthy Thai Crunch Salad.
Kelsey likes the Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad Kit, but any brand should work well.
- ½ rotisserie chicken
- One 24-ounce Asian chopped salad kit
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon store-bought chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken and shred into bite-sized pieces. Toss the Asian salad kit in a large mixing bowl. Add edamame, avocado, and peanuts and toss to combine.
In a food processor or blender, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sugar, and 2 tablespoons water; blend until smooth.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with more chopped peanuts, if desired.