How To Make Turkey Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Apple-Onion Relish…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Crisp bacon and a sweet-and-tangy apple-onion relish top this turkey cheeseburger.
From Rachael Ray Every Day, September 2019.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and finely ground black pepper
- 2 Honeycrisp or Gala apples, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 12 slices meaty smoky bacon
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey, a blend of dark and light meat
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar, sliced or crumbled
- Sliced bread-and-butter pickles or dill pickles
- 4 brioche buns or other burger buns, lightly toasted
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and bay leaf; season with salt and finely ground pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions soften, about 15 minutes; reduce the heat if the onions begin to brown. Add ½ cup water. Increase heat a bit. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 15 minutes. Add the apples, maple syrup, thyme, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring often, until the apples soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the Dijon. Remove the relish from the heat.
Meanwhile, arrange the bacon on a slotted broiler pan or on a wire rack set inside a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until very crisp, about 20 minutes.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high.
In a medium bowl, mix the turkey, Worcestershire, coarsely ground black pepper, white pepper, and granulated garlic; season with salt. Form into 4 patties (thinner in the centers for even cooking).
Add the oil to the skillet, one turn of the pan. Add the patties; cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Top with cheese. Turn off heat. Tent the skillet with foil until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Arrange some pickles on the bun bottoms. Top with the burgers, bacon, and apple-onion relish. Set the bun tops in place.