Aired April 3, 2012
- 1 box Uncle Bens® Brown Rice
- A few tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- A few pickles spears, chopped
Prepare rice to package directions.
In a large pan, heat a few tablespoons of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add in beef, season with salt and pepper, and brown, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Once browned, add in onion and cook a few minutes.
Fold in cooked rice and add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard and cheese. Stir until cheese begins to melt.
Garnish with pickles and serve.