But it doesn't have to be! As demonstrated by self-taught DIYer and blogger Alexandra Gater, wallpaper application can be both fun and easy—especially when the wallpaper in question is a peel-and-stick decal.
And the perhaps simplest way you can use it for a BIG instant home transformation? Your staircase.
Take a look:
Stunning, right?! You can shop Alexandra's peel-and-stick stair decals here. (Swipe to see the before and you'll love it even more.)
Pro tip from Alexandra: To install, she used a cloth to smooth the decal out on the stairs and a utility knife to cut the excess material off.
Sold as much as we are? We rounded up 10 gorgeous peel-and-stick stair decals below, each with a different style to complement your unique taste.
1. Gustavian Pack of 6 in Bone (Etsy, $14)
2. Syracuse Pack of 6 in Rose (Etsy, $14)
3. Gaia Pack of 6 (Etsy, $14)
4. Hydra Pack of 6 (Etsy, $14)
5. Brewster Home Fashions Scandia Stair Stripe Decal (Macy's, $37)
6. Brewster Home Fashions Iznik Tile Stair Stripe Decal (Macy's, $37)
7. WallPops Mykonos Navy Peel and Stick Stair Stripe Decal (The Home Depot, $18)
8. RoomMates Gray Barn Wood Plank Peel And Stick Giant Wall Decals (The Home Depot, $23)
9. AJ Wallpaper 3D White Windmill Marble Stair Risers (Amazon, $100-132)
10. funLife funlife 13-pc. Stair Stickers (Amazon, $48)