Sure, you can buy party poppers — but why not save money and make them on your own with items you most likely already have? Plus, then you can personalize them.
If you think they seem complicated to make, Rach's gal pal and celeb party planner Mary Giuliani breaks down the DIY project into five simple steps.
Get the full how-to below and watch Mary and Rach make them in the video above.
What You Need:
- Cardboard toilet paper rolls (or paper towel rolls cut in half)
- Tissue Paper
- Scissors & Tape
How To Make DIY Party Poppers:
- Gather cardboard toilet paper rolls (or paper towel rolls cut in half).
- Cut the closed end of a deflated balloon off.
- Stick it on one side of the cardboard rolls like a hat and tie the end of the balloon in a knot.
- Fill the cardboard roll with confetti and wrap the outside it with colored tissue paper — or even a photo!
- Tug on the balloon and voila!