Halloween is tomorrow, but if you’re fretting over what to wear, it’s not too late! Some of the best looks require nothing more than a little bit of creativity and some makeup. (Take it from Rach, who’s a Halloween queen!)
We brought in makeup artist and beauty expert Cynde Watson to show viewer Rachel how to get Kim Kardashian West’s Instagram-worthy skeleton makeup. All you need is a white and black eyeliner crayon or pencil.
1. To get started, apply a primer all over your face. This will help hold your makeup in place to avoid smudges.
2. It’s easiest the start with the white makeup and then do your black makeup next so that you don’t end up with a muddy gray face, explains Cynde. Starting with the white pencil, trace around your eyes, your nose (Cynde says this shape sort of resembles a "z"), and your cheekbones to create a template.
3. Once that’s traced, fill in with the white pencil, using a brush or your fingers. You’ll want to layer the makeup for a full opaque look.
4. Next, begin to carefully fill in the black, starting with black eyeliner around your eyes. Using a thicker crayon, you can begin to color in the eyes, cheekbones, and nose.
5. Finally, use a thin black pencil or liquid liner to add extra detail such as teeth and cracks in the “bone.” Add on fake eyelashes to give the look an extra-sultry edge.
Want something even easier? Check out these four super-easy costume ideas—most of which you can put together with things you have at home!