From radishes to buttered coffee, “Restaurant: Impossible’s” Robert Irvine is spilling the beans on the food trends you need to know:
1. Buttered Coffee – It helps to have a cup of coffee before you work out; the fat in the coffee helps to slow the absorption of the caffeine into the blood stream to keep you going longer.
3. Smoked Butter – Use it to slather on grilled corn, mix with fresh herbs, the possibilities are endless.
4. Coconut Oil & Coconut Sugar – It sports a low glycemic index so it’s good for you. It can even be used for baking and isn’t as sweet as traditional sugar.
5. Harissa – A versatile Moroccan red pepper paste which is a little smokier than Sriracha. Use in scrambled eggs, on meat and sandwiches.
6. Radishes – Sweet and vibrant with great texture. Can be roasted or sautéed with a little bit of butter and served as a side dish. They’re also great in simple salads.
Watch below for Robert's tips on how to pair yogurt with vegetables.