- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar, champagne vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 7 ounces mesclun or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup chopped store-bought or homemade caramelized walnuts
- 1/2 Bosc pear (cut lengthwise), cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
For the Dressing:
In a glass jar with a lid or in a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegars, mustard, grapeseed oil, olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Shake the jar vigorously or whisk in the bowl to emulsify.
Place the mesclun in a large salad bowl. Pour on half the dressing and toss the greens to coat. Add the walnuts, pear and more dressing to taste (taking care not to overdress) and toss again. Top with the Parmesan cheese shavings and serve.
Food for Thought:
Walnuts are the healthiest tree nuts around – they have close to twice as much antioxidants as other nuts! What’s more, they are an excellent source of essential omega-3 fatty acids, which is great news for people who don’t eat heart-healthy fish.