- For the Lemony Salsa Verde:
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or sherry vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 cups loosely packed parsley, 1 bunch
- 4 anchovy filets
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes, pepperoncino, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- For the Rapini and Steak: 2 bundles of rapini, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- About 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red chilies, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak or flat-iron steaks
Preheat griddle or grill pan or large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Preheat oven to 425°F and bring a 3-4 inches of water to a boil in large, deep skillet or pot.
For sauce, add vinegar and lemon juice to food processor then fill with parsley, anchovies, capers, pepper, red pepper, shallot and garlic. Pulse to fine chop then stream in olive oil. Process until fairly smooth.
Salt boiling water and cook rapini 3-4 minutes then cold shock in ice water bath. Pat the rapini dry on kitchen towels and place on large rimmed baking sheet. Dress the rapini with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, toss with red chili and garlic, and roast to tender and crispy at floret edges, 20-25 minutes, turning once.
Grill steak about 8 minutes turning once for medium-rare and let rest. Slice steak on an angle against the grain.
Divide rapini among dinner plates and top with sliced steak arranging slices perpendicular to greens and top with lemony salsa verde.