- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 4 anchovy filets, minced
- About 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 10 to 12 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 6-ounce tuna steaks
- Salt and pepper
Whisk up anchovies and 3 tablespoons EVOO, poured slowly. Add tomatoes, capers, olives, parsley, red onion, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir and let stand 30 minutes.
Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Drizzle fish with remaining olive oil, about 1 tablespoon and season with salt and pepper. Cook fish 2 minutes on each side for rare, up to 4 minutes on each side for more opaque fish. Slice the tuna, arrange on plates and top with lots of raw sauce.