Carne Asada Tacos and Chipotle Guacamole
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Rach shares a time-saving hack for guacamole: halve ripe avocados + remove pits, then press onto a cooling rack placed over a bowl to separate from skin.
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped (½ cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ½ large, ripe lemons
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons puréed chipotle in adobo or 2 teaspoons Chipotle Tabasco
- 2 pounds of flank, flat-iron or skirt steak
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup lager beer
- 3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin, or ½ palmful
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander, or ½ palmful
- 1 tablespoon puréed chipotle in adobo or 1 teaspoon Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut in small wedges
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Shaved radishes
- Shaved red onion dressed with salt, pepper and lime
For the guacamole, place the onions, garlic, jalapeño, juice of 1 lemon and salt in a bowl and let the salt bleed the juices from onions and chili pepper for 10 minutes. Add avocados and cilantro and mash. Add more lemon juice to taste. Mix in chipotle purée or Tabasco and set aside.
Season meat with salt and pepper, and combine marinade: lime juice and zest, beer, oil, garlic, cumin, coriander and puréed chipotle or Tabasco. Coat beef in marinade and let stand 1 hour or several hours refrigerated.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Grill flank steak 12-15 minutes, turning once; flat-iron steak 10-12 minutes, turning once; shirt steak pieces 7-8 minutes, turning once. Rest steak then thinly slice against the grain. Char the tortillas on each side in a hot, dry skillet, over a flame or on a grill or griddle for about 30 seconds per side.
Serve tacos with guacamole and other fixings of choice.