Autumn Fritto Misto
Viewers Share Photos of Rachael-Inspired Recipes + Rach Is IMPRE…
How to Make a Texas Sheet Cake With a Spicy Twist
Limo Company Owner-Turned-Gardener Turns Vacant Lots Into Urban …
How to Make Chicken with Greens, Beans and Semi-Dried Tomatoes |…
How to Make Easy Sausage, Mushroom and Tomato Rigatoni
Chef Anne Burrell Shares Details From Her Fairytale Fall Wedding
The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze Might Be the Coolest Halloween A…
How to Make White Pasta E Fagioli | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lobster Risotto with Saffron, Tomatoes and Zucchini …
A Breast Cancer Surgeon's Top 4 Lifestyle Tips for Better Breast…
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
- Oil for frying, such as canola, vegetable or an olive oil/vegetable blend
- 2 1/2 cups flour, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup, a couple of handfuls, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 pieces (1 1/4 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenderloin removed
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3/4 pound), trimmed of silver skin
- 3/4 pound veal medallions/scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup seltzer water
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 potatoes, peeled and halved lengthwise then sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3/4 pound cremini/portabella, fresh porcini or trumpet mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 1/4 pound large spinach leaves
- 20 large sage leaves
- 1 cup large sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges and flaky sea salt, to serve
Fill a tabletop fryer or deep Dutch oven with oil. If using a Dutch oven, fill 1 1/2 to 2 inches deep and heat over medium to medium-high heat. For tabletop fryers, preheat oil to 365°F.
Set up a breading station for meat: In separate shallow dishes, place 1 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper, 4 eggs beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper, and breadcrumbs mixed with grated cheese.
Preheat oven to 250°F. Arrange a metal rack inserted into large baking sheet.
Slice the chicken and pork on a bias into thin medallions. Season chicken, pork and veal pieces with salt and pepper. Bread meats in flour, egg then breadcrumbs, and fry in small batches to deep golden on both sides, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven.
Place remaining 1 1/2 cups flour in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk in 2 eggs and seltzer to form a batter. Dip and fry butternut squash, potatoes and mushrooms in small batches. Drain on parchment or a paper towel-lined platter and sprinkle with flaky sea salt while hot. Dip and flash-fry the spinach then the herbs; they will cook very quickly.
Serve fried meats and vegetables, spinach and herbs on a platter with lemon wedges for dousing.