For the Blue Cheese Ranch Sauce:
- For the Blue Cheese Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon (from a wedge) lemon juice
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes (or to taste) Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
For the Sandwich:
- 12 slices, 1/2 pound, really good lookin’ bacon
- 1 beefsteak or heirloom tomato, sliced
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Bibb or leaf lettuce
- 1 Haas avocado, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 chicken cutlets (horizontally cut chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thick)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Butter, for frying eggs and melted for brushing buns
- 4 brioche rolls, split and griddle toasted
- 4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
Heat a griddle (flat side of grill pan) or large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Arrange bacon on a slotted broiler pan or metal wire rack set atop a rimmed baking sheet and bake to crisp, 15-18 minutes.
Season tomatoes and sliced onions with salt and pepper, separate lettuce leaves, a couple for each sandwich. Douse the sliced avocado with lemon juice to keep from browning and to add acidity to the buttery flavor.
Dress chicken cutlets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or griddle to golden on each side, about 6-7 minutes total, turning once. Remove and wipe off griddle, reduce heat to medium-low add a pat of butter and melt. Brown rolls cut-side down; remove. Add a pat more of butter and melt, fry eggs to medium-over doneness. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
Pile up the Cobbwiches: bun bottom, dressing, B, L, T, O, A, chicken, egg, bun top. Serve it UP!