Lettuce Tacos with Sesame-Cumin Beef
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid amino, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons mirin or sherry
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 1 1/2- to 2-pound flank steak
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 red or green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shiso, cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Sesame oil, for drizzling
- Gomasio (sesame salt), toasted white or black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- A big pile romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons canola oil, the mirin or sherry, cumin, pepper and granulated garlic and onion. Add the steak; turn to coat. Marinate 15 minutes.
Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium-high. Cook steak, turning once, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and let rest while you cook the vegetables.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high to high. Add the bell peppers, edamame, onion, chiles and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the shiso.
Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with gomasio. Pile the sliced steak and vegetables in the lettuce leaves.