A Small but Special Thanksgiving: Turkey Rolls with Bacon, Apple…
Grant’s Apple Bacon Cheddar Mac
Chipotle Turkey Chili with Apples and Cheddar
The Perfect Holiday Party Dish: Cheddar, Bacon, Apple, and Peca…
Maple Turkey Burgers with Bacon, Blue Cheese and Onions
Turkey & Bacon Meatballs with Maple-Dijon Gravy
Bacon, Cheddar and Ranch Cheeseball
Grilled Chicken Reubens on Rolls With Bacon
Pork Chops with Cabbage Apple and Fennel and Mashed Potatoes wit…
How To Make Turkey and Bacon Chili By Rachael
Turkey Burgers with Cran-Apple Chutney
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large crisp apple, such as Pink Lady, Macoun or Honeycrisp, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned stuffing (preferred brand Pepperidge Farm) or large homemade white breadcrumbs toasted with salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons Bells poultry seasoning
- 2 boneless turkey breasts, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped thyme, sage and parsley
- 1/2 pound grated sharp white cheddar, 2 cups
- 1 pound lean good quality smoky bacon
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Coarse black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock plus pan drippings
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 400°F with rack at center of oven.
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When foamy, add apple, celery and onion, and cook to tender, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add stuffing or breadcrumbs and fresh herbs, and cool.
Pat turkey dry and place between plastic or parchment. Pound into large rectangular shapes about 1/2-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper liberally on both sides.
Cover turkey breasts with stuffing then some cheese and tightly wrap and roll.
Arrange the bacon on plastic wrap (half a pound for each roll), overlapping along the edges of each slice. Place turkey roll on top of bacon and use the plastic to help wrap and roll each rolled breast with bacon.
Heat the roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat with oil to coat. Lightly brown bacon-wrapped turkey rolls, seam-side up, for 2-3 minutes. Roll over, brown a other minute or 2 more then roast 1 hour or to 165°F.
Transfer bacon-apple-cheddar-turkey rolls to a carving board and place roasting pan back on stove. Melt butter into drippings and whisk in black pepper and flour. Add wine to deglaze, loosening drippings, whisk in stock and thicken to form gravy adding a little Worcestershire to taste, about a tablespoon or so.
Slice and serve turkey rolls with gravy and green vegetables and/or mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes alongside.