Rachael's helping you plan the perfect Thanksgiving dinner with her two-day "Thanksgiving A-to-Z" event, featuring delicious recipes, affordable tips and more! This recipe, from Emeril Lagasse's daughters, is a great way to get your family in the kitchen on Thanksgiving. It's fun, easy-to-make and, best of all, delicious!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1-to 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Generously grease a 13x9” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, toss all the ingredients together so that the sugar, spices and oil cover the potato and squash pieces evenly.
Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the squash and potatoes are tender.
Remove from the oven, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.