- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3/4 cup sherry or dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 pounds 10- to 12-count shrimp, butterflied with tails on
- A fat handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet with tight-fitting lid. Add shallots, garlic, chili flakes and fennel seed, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add sherry or vermouth and reduce by half; add stock and cherry tomatoes and heat through. Add shrimp and cover pan. Cook 7-8 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
Cook pasta in salted water. Reserve about cup starchy water and drain pasta. Add water, pasta, parsley and lemon juice to sauce and toss. Serve in shallow bowls.