- 3 pounds chicken wings, whole or separated whichever you prefer
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- A big bunch of basil (about 2 cups loosely packed)
- A big bunch of parsley (about 2 cups loosely packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Lemons slices, for serving
Preheat oven to 400° F.
In a large bowl, toss the wings with salt and pepper. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, make a pesto. Put the walnuts, basil, parsley and garlic into a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Run the food processor and stream in lemon juice and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape pesto into a large mixing bowl.
After 25 minutes, remove wings from the oven and place them into the bowl with the pesto. Toss them to coat and put them back onto the baking sheet, spreading any remaining pesto on top of the wings. Return to the oven for 25 more minutes.
Remove from oven, allow to cool a bit and serve with slices of lemon for garnish.