- 6 Bratwurst
- 1 12- to 16-ounce bottle of beer, depending on the size of your pot
- 2 medium to large yellow onions, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 hot dog buns
- Preferred condiments, such as chopped onion, sauerkraut, mustard, ketchup and shredded cheddar cheese
Fill a large pot of water halfway with water (for extra flavor use beef broth, optional) and bring to a boil.
Place brats into the boiling water or stock and add the beer, onion, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and season with black pepper.
Bring the pot to a gentle boil and keep at a gentle boil for 10 minutes. Remove the brats and grill on a preheated indoor or outdoor grill. Cook on both sides until charred.
Place in a warm bun with your favorite condiments.